Sunday 21 August 2011

8 Week No Heat Challenge: Update!

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to do a quick update on my 8 week no heat challenge. You can read the idea behind this challenge here. Anyway... besides using no heat for 8 weeks, here's what else I'm doing to make the most out of this challenge.

For products, I'm only using Schwarzkopf Hair Retention Care System Shampoo, TRESemmé Hair Mask for extra dry or brittle hair and TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo.


As for food: I've been drinking a lot of water and I have reduced my caffeine intake. I've been eating lots of fish to keep my hair looking shiny and healthy looking. And as hair is made up of excess protein from your body, I have increased my red meat intake.

For supplements: I have been taking Boot's own brand “Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails tablets. Also, every now and again I have taken a few spoonfuls of Cod liver oil which is brilliant for maintaining healthy, shiny hair (but I think it tastes absolutely revolting so I haven't really been taking a steady intake)


That's really it for products and supplements!

The only styling tool I have been using is a Paddle brush from Penneys! I no longer blow dry my hair, I just allow it to air dry. I haven't touched my straightener in ages, I miss it so much!


I have one week left in this challenge, so I will be doing a post about the results, how I thought the challenge benefited me overall and the ups and downs of using no heat for 2 months.

Hope you liked!

Until next time...
Laura :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to know whether you've seen a difference! I don't use heat but I dye my hair a lot. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete